Grodan plugs are known for their homogeneity and reliability. They are the ideal basis for automated processing, uniform germination and a high success rate with pricking out. The shape and firmness of the plugs are of a quality that makes processing significantly easier – whether that processing is mechanical or manual. Every Grodan plug has a uniform density, firmness and fibrous structure. This means that the distribution of water, nutrients and pH-value is also uniform, which has a beneficial effect on germination results.
The fibrous structure, which is predominantly vertical, gives the plugs their resilience. One of the practical advantages when pricking out is that Grodan plugs retain their shape, make good contact with the block and guarantee fast root growth. A good balance between small and large pores in the stone wool ensures an ideal air-to-water ratio in the plugs. The fibrous structure creates a balanced distribution of the feedwater throughout the entire plug. In summary, the homogeneity, flexibility, shape and firmness of Grodan plugs create the foundation for the optimum germination process and a uniform sowing result.
- Improved homogeneity
- Optimum strength and flexibility
- Ideal air/water balance
- Consistent shape of the seed hole
- Identically shaped plugs
- Root growth throughout the entire plug
- Suitable for germinating vegetable and ornamental crops
- Available in various types of trays
- Seed hole available in 2 variants
- 毛孔均勻分布(空氣不是limiting factor)
- Predominantly vertical fibre structure
- Suitable for manual and automatic processing